The Mountainside Public Library seeks a Part-Time Circulation Desk Assistant. Monday, and Friday mornings 9am to 1pm Wednesday afternoon 1pm to 5pm. One Saturday per month 9am to 5pm and the occasional substitute hours, as needed, including evenings.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, checking library materials in and out, assisting the public in the use of library resources and equipment, issuing library cards and telephone service.
- High School Diploma
- Professional, friendly manner
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Telephone skills
- Be able to multitask activities and interruptions.
- Attention to detail
- Computer and Internet proficiency
- Library experience preferred, but not required
This position involves standing, stooping and light lifting. Necessary library-specific training will be provided. Starting salary is $12.30 per hour. This is an hourly position, with no benefits.